Sunday, August 2, 2015

I'll Pay For the Apple With My Apple

Apple is creating “Apple Bank” which, from my understanding, will allow users to make wireless payments from their phone to whomever has the ability to receive payment from- being a person to person paying app. I don’t know a lot about it, but it seems like google wallet and paypal, but they are putting a patent on it so I don’t know what is different about their app.I am sure we are moving more towards the wireless paying feature especially from our phones so we don’t have to carry our cards.

I have heard rumors that Apple will use the payment history of the app to market towards the individual. I imagine my information is already being used without my knowledge of it. However, hearing that such an app would dig into your payment history to personalize marketing is (a) great plan for them and (b) a plan I don’t really like. I am not an Apple user, but if they get the ball rolling then it will just be the norm. Facebook already knows what I google search for and market towards those searches. How do you all feel about it?

3 comments:

  1. I am extremely leery about paying with my phone. I don't even keep an app for checking my bank balance on my phone. I just think it's too easy to hack into. I'm sure they will use our information to market directly to us. Amazon already "recommends" products they're sure I'll enjoy, and recent searches or purchases show up as ads when I listen to Pandora.

    Overall, I'm not a fan and not convinced it will be a great thing in the future. People are so tech-savvy now and if they can break into corporate files to steal credit card information, they can certainly hack into a phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the ability to hack into a phone wouldn't take much for someone who knows what they are doing. I worry about all the information I am sending out into the world and it seems to be getting harder to contain it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I don't need any more ways to easily funnel money out of my account :)

    ReplyDelete